IV Sedation & General Anesthesia
Relaxation & Pain Mitigation
In addition to anesthesia for your procedure, we have several options that will make your time in the office more comfortable. We offer nitrous oxide that allows you to relax during your treatment while still being aware of your surroundings. We also administer topical anesthetic to numb your gums prior to injecting anesthetic. You can also listen to music during your procedure.
Prior to Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kur prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Dr. Kur extracted my 4 wisdom teeth, and also gave me four implants. Not once did I have any pain after both procedures. He did an amazing job! He and his staff were extremely friendly and very informative the entire time. If you need oral surgery this is the place to go.
Dr. Kur and his staff made my experience truly wonderful. I was in such excruciating pain until I couldn’t function. They performed an emergency extraction on my wisdom tooth. I felt much better after my surgery. The office is clean and very comfortable. Obviously no one wants to have a tooth removed, however, if you need to have this procedure done, then I would definitely recommend this practice.
Dr. Kur is an amazing oral surgeon. I had implant surgery performed & I did not experience any discomfort at all. The surgery and healing process was painless. He made sure I was totally comfortable throughout the surgery. His staff was equally compassionate. Dr. Kur followed up with a phone call in the evening to make sure I was doing well. He is an excellent doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of oral surgery.
Dr. Kur and his staff are fantastic. Unfortunately, my son, age 6, had to have one of his molars removed. Not only did this procedure go extremely well, (and very quick) but there was no complaining of pain afterwards. I would highly recommend Dr. Kur to anyone looking for an Oral Surgeon. Great experience!
Dr. Kur was nice, comforting, and made my extractions & implants as painless as possible. The office staff was equally as pleasant, making the paperwork as effortless as possible and were very welcoming. There is also a good payment plan available if you need it.
I had a very complex oral surgery performed by Dr. Kur. I was very anxious about having the work done, but quickly relieved after speaking with Dr. Kur and his staff. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Kur. He took the time to explain everything to me in detail before performing the many steps of my treatment. Along the way, he and his staff assisted me with all my questions and concerns. I am very happy with the outcome. Dr. Kur is extremely proficient and professional and I strongly recommend him as he is “the best of the best!”
When you’re not feeling well, (your tooth is throbbing in pain) and unexpectedly need surgery, this is the place to go to. From the caring office team, and staff, Dr.Kur’s expertise and care for his patients in insurmountable. Dr. Kur did everything possible and succeeded in saving my tooth from being extracted.
Dr. Kur removed all four of my daughters wisdom teeth. The entire process was stress free. Dr. Kur and his staff were wonderful.
Dr. Kur is an amazing oral surgeon. He pulled one tooth and put in 2 implants. Mindful of my pain and my comfort, he reminded me of an artist enjoying his craft. As for his staff, nothing short of top notch. Professional and courteous. This is my oral surgeon forever!! As a matter of fact I am scheduled for more work in the near future. I would refer anyone who needs work done.